Welcome to the Gulf Middle School Digital Learning Resource Page!
How to Login:
- Visit http://mypascoconnect.pasco.k12.fl.us
- Username: Student ID Number
- Password: Unique Password. This is the same password that the student uses for quarterly checks.
- Finding the password on myStudent parent portal.
- Click on “my child”
- Click on “child info”
- Click on “classified” and the student’s password will appear.
How It Works:
Tutorials on district’s Twitter and Facebook feeds, as well as on the Coronavirus Information page:
- Students can login anytime of day to complete work.
- Students can work in small blocks of time and do NOT need to login according to a standard school day schedule.
- Attendance is tracked by whether a student completes the assigned work for the week. Students may submit weekly work Monday – Sunday, and may work ahead.
- Teachers may also host webinar sessions and/or make office hours available for phone calls.
- Teachers may be contacted within the system using the INBOX and Discussion Board features.
- Students who receive additional supports (ESE, 504, or ELL services) will have the case manager reach out for check-ins and support.
- If students do not have a printer, they may complete work in a piece of paper and upload a picture or scan of their assignment as an alternative.
What If There Is No Internet Service @ Home?
Charter Spectrum is offering free Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription at any service level up to 100 Mbps. To enroll call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households. Wi-Fi hotspots across Spectrum’s footprint will also be available for public use.
Other service providers, including AT&T, CenturyLink, Comcast, Cox Communications, Google Fiber, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon have agreed that for the next 60 days they will open Wi-Fi hotspots to all Americans who need them, not terminate any services to residential or small business customers who can’t pay their bills due to complications from the pandemic, and also waive any late fees those customers might incur due to economic disruptions prompted by the coronavirus.
How Can I Contact My Child’s Teacher(s)?
- Inbox message in MyLearning
- Email (refer to school website for email address information)
Distance Learning Tech Support
- Email: TechHelp@pasco.k12.fl.us
- Phone: 813-794-2859, 7 am-9 pm Monday-Friday
- Live chat 7 am-9 pm Monday-Friday at Technology Help Desk Live Chat (Look for the green chat box in the lower right hand corner)
What If I Don’t See All Classes?
- This week is for getting started. Most core classes (English, Math, Social Studies & Science) are active.
- Elective and other course offerings will launch April 6.
- Intensive Reading starts April 13.
Does Attendance Count?
- Every Monday, teachers will record attendance for the work students complete the prior week. Students who complete all required work prior to the end of the week may work ahead or enjoy some free time.
Do the Grades Count?
- The grades for work completed online will be used to calculate the fourth quarter report card grade. Grades will be shown in MyLearning. Parents should create an observer account to monitor their student’s progress and grades. (Instructions on the district’s distance learning website.)
What About Special Programs (APEX, Credit/Course Recovery)?
- Those programs will continue to utilize their regular course materials and platforms. Teachers will follow up with students this week to answer questions about services and supports.
What About the ACP Program?
- This program will utilize curriculum coordinated by the instructors. Teachers will follow up this week with instructions and to answer questions about services and supports.
When Will School Resume?
- The district continues to follow the directives issued by the Florida Department of Education, as well as guidance from the CDC and local health department. As of 3/30, we know that schools will remain closed until May 1st.
Current Food and Nutrition Information:
- Families will have to use the link below to select a feeding site and reserve food to be picked up.